By Mike DeBonisThis week, the government of Canada announced that it would no longer be paying for the province of Quebec’s public health system.
The announcement comes amid a new wave of controversy over how the province plans to deal with the outbreak of the coronavirus.
The province, which covers more than 1.3 million people, announced on Wednesday that it will cut its health spending by $1.6 billion and close its hospitals, ambulances and community clinics.
The province, with a population of about 10 million, was hit hard by the pandemic, with the deaths of more than 100,000 people and an estimated 5,000 new cases last month.
But in spite of the government’s efforts, the crisis has caused the province’s economy to slide.
In its first quarter, Quebec’s economy shrank by more than 2 percent, according to the latest figures from Statistics Canada.
“This is a crisis that we are in, we have to be prepared for it,” Quebec Finance Minister Pierre Duchesneau said.
“And I think we have, in the last month or two, had some very good measures taken to make sure that we do not get into that situation again.”
Quebec is in the midst of an ambitious program to combat the pandemics.
The program includes more than 4,000 clinics and a $50 million investment in new health care systems across the province.
The Quebec government also has started phasing out the use of cash for hospitals, which has already reduced the number of patients who visit them by about half.
Quebec is also reducing the number people who can attend private clinics and is phasing in a program called “universal” that will give health care services to everyone regardless of their income level.
“The government’s commitment to this program is going to make a big difference,” said Dr. Eric Joyal, the director of the Canadian Institute for Health Information.
“We’re talking about a huge amount of money.
The people who are in the program are really going to benefit.
They’re going to be paying more.
And the health system is going through a major transformation.”
Quebegas has had more than $2 billion invested in its health care infrastructure, and the province has a plan to double its funding to $4 billion by 2020.
It is also looking at reducing the size of hospitals by 25 percent over the next five years.